Sunday, October 5, 2008

SKATING




We had the opportunity to go skating twice this week, one as a ward activity and the second with some friends for a fun Friday night activity. The night with the ward I figured I would just help the kids since Mike wasn't able to make it. Well after about five minutes and trying to keep up with the kids I gave in and put on a pair of skates. OK before you all worry or start to laugh I did pretty good. I ha vent been on a pair of skates for over 20 years. When I was younger I would go to this same skating rink all of the time. Well it is just like riding a bike. It only took a few minutes and I was back into the grove of things. (so I thought). When we went on Friday Mike said to me that he was just going to ride the scooter. I told him no way you are getting on a pair of skates. Well he opted for the roller blades and he did well. Rachael hung out on the scooter, the time before she got several blisters and wasn't about to put skates on again. Addie and Bri did great, the first night they put roller skates on and then the second time we went they got roller blades, the blades seem to be a little easier. If you haven't skated or bladed in a while what a workout. You have to try it.

4 comments:

Tanalyn said...

That's hilarious!!!Where's the pics to prove that you were on the skates?jk I haven't been skating in years either.Don't know if I would dare.

Tashina said...

Thanks for coming with us on Friday. It was so much fun.

Erica Huff said...

What a fun family activity! Where is the picture to prove that you were on skates?

Dave and Jessica said...

Sounds like fun! Where is the roller skating place around here? Dave and I will have to go...I haven't been forever! Sounds like fun! Hope you guys are doing well! We love you and miss you!