Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SAVING MONEY

Now I know that most of you may already know how to do this but for me, it is something a little new. I attended a class several months ago hosted by the "Savvy Shopper" she was teaching us how to save our coupons, and organize them. But also how to use them with the stores to save the most amount of money. She told of an experience where she went to Smith, to purchase her groceries. The first total on the receipt was a little over $700.00, but of course this isn't what she paid. After all was said and done with the coupons and the fresh values card her total came to $150.00. Yes you read this right, what a huge saving. The receipt paper was just about as tall as her and she is almost 6 feet tall. I bought all the things that I needed to get me organized. Off I went, I ordered 5 Sunday papers (that is all they would let me get) I would cut and organize and boy did I feel great. But then reality set in. TIME!!! who has the time for this?? Certainly not me. With work, school, PTA,... the list goes on and on. I just started collecting the papers, they would stack up for weeks on end before I would just throw them away. Then I got to overwhelmed with all the coupons that I had. So I admit I just gave up, I figured I would just by what was on sale, plus I usually just shop at Costco anyway. Then New Years came along and this was going to be one of my New Years Resolutions. I threw all the papers away from last year, along with all the coupons and I started from scratch again. Well I am proud to say that I clipped the coupons and then I used them. I just went to Albertson's, they were having a great sale. I spend $101.22, and I got a lot. (food storage) but the best of all...Drum roll please I SAVED $134.36. Can you believe that I saved more than I even spent. What a great feeling, no one else is going to take all of our hard earned money from me. It almost puts you on a natural high. Knowing that you did so well. I am so excited for Sunday to come so I can do it again next week. Happy Shopping

4 comments:

Erica Huff said...

And you really do get a high! Congratulations! I love good sales. What a great way to start fresh though.

Author said...

how great is that?! I have a friend that does that each week as well and some of her savings are amazing! she writes on her blog tips each week or two as well as she finds a lot of deals and coupons online to take the store. really amazing! good job!

Dave and Jessica said...

That is awesome! I am a little jealous, I may need you to help me out with this coupon stuff...I would really like to get into it!

Kellie Roring said...

Good job Deb!!! It is an amazing feeling! If you find anything really great let me know. Also congrats to Addie-- kel