Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween





As many of you already know I do not like Halloween. I think it is an expensive not needed holiday. I hate spending money on costumes and I don't ever have anything just lying around the house to make things our of. My kids really don't need the candy etc. So this year I told the girls that Mike and I would take them to dinner and out bowling or mini golf, and I would get them their own treat. Well two of the three girls were totally fine with it. Yes you guessed it Rachael was the only one who really wanted to go trick or treating. Trust me I tried everything. The kids needed to dress up for their school parade and class parties. So I bit the bullet and went and purchased costumes. We actually found some pretty good deals at Partyland. Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. I ended up going to the school for the parade and then I helped out in Brianna's class for the party. I don't think there were any kids that didn't have a costume so I am glad that I let them participate. That evening we had a party with the ward. It was a "Trunk or Treat" it was the first time that the ward tried it and it was wonderful. The kids had a great time and there is a big turnout. The best thing is that we were done by 6:30. Dave and Jessica came over to give the girls a little treat. All in all it wasn't all that bad. I just need to change my attitude. Maybe next year. The really frustrating thing is that we went to dinner with some friends and when we got home they called to tell us that someone had egged their house. They used her Halloween decorations as target practice. Then Saturday money I got up to start cleaning and looked outside to find all of our pumpkins smashed all over the sidewalk and the road. They even smashed one over the fire hydrant on the side of our yard. Rachael was so sad, we were going to carve them that say. A good friend brought us some of theirs so Rachael wouldn't be so sad.

2 comments:

The Marlin's said...

Another familiar face. I was searching names and came up with Andy and Kelly then Ryan that lead me to you guys. It has been forever. We missed seeing you in Florida. It was totally weird thinking we were with the Georgia group. You guys all look great. The girls are getting so big. Congrats on the triathlon. It looks like you had fun. I set up our blog before we left because I don't know when or if we will get back to Utah anytime soon.
http://bigfishmarlin.blogspot.com/
Take care.

Dave and Jessica said...

Love the costumes...and the room looks great! We love you guys!