Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Monday Night Mud Fight




Summers are so busy around our house. So therefore things don't always get taken care of. For example our garden, we have an amazing garden this year, but we also have amazing weeds. We cant stay on top of them for some reason. Well, maybe it is because we are gone every weekend and just don't find the time to get out and care for the garden. Also, weeding and yard work are my least favorite thing to do. So I decided that for family night we were all going to go out and pick the weeds and get our garden looking they way it should. Our dirt is awful so I told the girls to go turn the water on so it would get things a little soft, I also told them not to worry about wearing shoes because they would just get muddy. They were a huge help, but every once in a while someone would splash some mud. So Mike and I took one look at each other and new that this would be the perfect time for a mud fight. Addie and Brianna were talking when I took a handful of mud and threw it at both of them. That was the beginning of the end. We had the biggest mud fight ever. There wasn't a spot on us that wasn't covered. What fun we had, and yes the girls were SHOCKED that mom actually started it.

7 comments:

Erica Huff said...

Who are you and what did you do to my sister!?! What fun! Everyone looks very comfortable with a little bit of dirt on them. How did you manage to get inside and cleaned up without making an indoor mess?

Kim said...

the girls thought those pictures were so fun. if only they had such a cool mom. that really is an amazing garden. grandpa stringham would be proud.

The Marlin's said...

Looks like fun. It's funny how shocked kids are when their parents do something that they would totally get in trouble for.

Tanalyn said...

Looks like fun.....the question though.....do I still need to come and finish the weeding? I don't charge a whole lot.......:D

Dave and Jessica said...

fun fun....my very favorite thing growing up was when my Mom and Dad played with us like they were our friends and not our parents...your kids I can promise you will remember that forever! Memory making is the best!

Tashina said...

Brian and I are laughing hysterically!!! That looks like it was a blast!

Author said...

good for you!! looks so fun!