Wednesday, October 21, 2009

15 years


September 10,1994
Place Salt Lake Temple. What an amazing day this was. Mike and I were getting married, I had everything I needed, my recommend, my dress, make up, everything. My mom and I were at the temple bright and early 5:30 AM early. The wedding was planned for 7:10 AM (not to self never do this with my girls)we were waiting for Mike and his parents to arrive with the all the things that he would need, including the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE!!!! We had left it in my car so we wouldn't loose it, we had just moved everything into our apartment and I was worried about it getting lost. Mike took my car to his house the night before the wedding so I was sure he would remember to bring it. NOPE!!!! He rode to the temple with his parents in their car. As soon as he got there what do you think the first question out of mine and my mothers mouth? You guessed it. "Do you have the certificate?" no he replied and non of us believed him, Mike loves to joke around. Well, he actually did forget it and so we sent his friend Cameron back to his parents house to get it. This is all before 7:00 am. The ceremony was beautiful, the weather was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better day. We did have a few rain scares, in fact I have a picture of someone holding an umbrella over my cake so it wouldn't get wet. Mike's grandparents went to a lot of trouble to make sure the yard was in tip top shape.
Here we are 15 years later. What a journey we have had, there have been the lows, but there have definitely been the highs. We are in love more today than we were 15 years ago. I can truly say Mike is my best friend. We enjoy doing just about anything together. Boating, watching movies, mini golf or bowling, plays...the list goes on and on. I couldn't have asked for a better husband, friend or father for my children. The lord new what he was doing when he hooked the two of us up. I love you Mike, thank you for 15 wonderful years
(if I can get the wedding pic's to scan I will add those but for now this is us 15 year later with 3 girls)

2 comments:

The Marlin's said...

Congrats on the anniversary. It's crazy how time flies. I also know things definatley happen for a reason, I never thought I would be living in Georgia going on two years now and loving it. See time does fly. Hope all is well. Tell Mike hi for us.

Author said...

congratulations! what an incredible accomplishment and blessing!