Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rachael




September 24, 2002 OK I am getting old. My baby turned 7 last month. I am not old enough to have kids these ages. Wow! How I remember her birth just like it was yesterday. My other girls had come 2 weeks early and I though for sure this would follow the same way. Rachael had a different plan. Mike was traveling at the time she was due and I was really worried that he would be out of town, and not make it for the birth. He gave me a blessing several months before she was due and said she would come on her due date. Of course I didn't like that, it meant 2 weeks longer in the pregnancy that I wanted. My body produces 3 times the water it should. So the doctors give me several stress test until I deliver. I had a doctors appointment on the 23rd of September and when I went he checked me and said that I was at a big fat "0", you can imagine how frustrated I was, and how done I was at that point. I had another stress test scheduled later that afternoon. After talking with my mom she said if the stress test comes back normal go over to Rite Aid and get some Castro Oil and a Root beer. You should have seen the looks that I got from everyone in the store. Yes I was going to do it. So at 3:00 I took it, it was the worst stuff I have ever had in my life. Then I waited. About 7:30 I was talking to a sister-in-law on the phone and started feeling a little sick to my stomach, I took a bath. Then I walked around the house for a while. Finally about 10:00 I had Mike take me to the hospital I just new it had to be time. I got all checked in and hooked up, I was having some pretty strong contractions. The nurse checked me and said you are at a 3 and 80% effaced. I new it, that stuff really works. (I recommend it to everyone)Now all I needed was someone to break my water...but wait. They don't call the doctor in late at night to do that, they said your water will break on its own. No way no how!!! If I carry 3 times the water, not a chance it is going to break on its own. I waited the whole night until 8:30 am when the doctor was doing his rounds. He broke my water, then he went and gave the nurse an earful. 2 hours later out she came. 9 lbs 2oz 20 inches. My biggest baby yet, but by far the easiest delivery. She has been my best sleeper out of all the girls. Rach was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks. Now look at her, all grown up, well maybe a little. She is our tom boy, but don't tell her I said that she doesn't like being called that. She has no desire to wear girl clothes, dresses are only for 3 hours on Sundays. She would rather be in the mud or helping Mike with things than baking or playing dolls. She is almost the boy we will never have. We love you Rach!!!

1 comment:

Author said...

Happy Birthday Rachael!! (Like her name!! )

Times does fly when you measure it in the lives of your children. Glad all your children and family seem to be doing well. ~Rachael