Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our vacation to Houston



Thursday Addie and I took an adventure to Houston to visit Erica and her sweet family. Addie and I had to be up at 3:00 a.m. to catch a 5:25 a.m. flight. Wow is that early or what. We arrived in Houston at 9:30 after an interesting flight. I don't think I have ever been in a smaller plane. But the flight was good. Thursday Erica took us to downtown Houston to the Galleria Mall. Now keep in mind that I am thinking this is a normal mall, with Nordstroms, Bath and Body Works, etc. Oh no not quite. This had Kate Spade, Neiman Marcus, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, etc. A purse in Kate Spade was $345.00 and it was small. I finally decided that I couldn't afford to even walk in the stores (especially with little girls who might break something). It was neat however they have a ice rink in the basement near the food court. We then went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. What yummy food and at a good price. We went and had the kids pictures taken, and we were also able to spend a little time with my Aunt Nancy. Houston has some fun thunderstorms, there were several everyday that we were there. It was a little weird not seeing any mountains, I got lost really easy. We had a great time with he girls, I think between Addie and I baby Rebecca became very spoiled. Addie and I kept fighting over her and I usually won. Thank you Erica for letting us come and visit. We had a wonderful time. We miss you and the girls already.

2 comments:

Tanalyn said...

looks like you guys had a great time! what a cute, tiny baby....doesn't that make you and mike want to add to your fam, even if just for a second.

Erica Huff said...

Every time I tried to put Becca down today, she would wake right back up. I haven't had more than 30 minutes without her in my arms. You did spoil her!

Thanks again for coming. I really enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon. The girls still talk about Addie and all the things they did. You are welcome any time!