Friday, August 8, 2008

PARK CITY GET AWAY



Mike had a business meeting in Park City last weekend and the district manager paid for all the agents to stay the night in Park City. Of course we jumped all over that, having someone else pay the hotel bill, free night stay. We thought how nice it was going to be to "GET AWAY". Now most of you know me well enough to know that a "GET AWAY" for me is a night or weekend away from the kids. Well after much thought and guilt from the girls we decided to take them with us. Boy was I surprised at how good they can actually be. I took them shopping for 7 hours up at the outlet mall. We went school shopping so since it was for them they were a little better. We found some of the best deal around and now we are set for school to start. One more week.

After the meeting we went with 4 other couples to the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster, I had promised the girls all day that when dad was finished with the meetings we would go. Rachael kept trying to convince me that it would be OK to go without dad, he could just meet up with us later. She was very patient. For those of you who haven't heard of the Alpine Coaster, it is definitely something that you need to try. It is in the same location as the Alpine Slide but much more fun. You sit in a cart if you will and it pulls you to the top, once there you push down on two handles as far as they go and you zoom down the mountain. It was a little intense for me. Rachael and Addie went together and I thought for sure they would both be in tear at the bottom. Brianna went with Mike so I wasn't to worried. Much to my surprise I found them all down at the bottom laughing hysterically. I asked Rachael if she had fun on the Slide and the Coaster her answer to me was "The slide was a little boring but the coaster was awesome, can we go again?" What a fun activity.

We finished off the evening with a fun dinner with friends only (no kids). All in all it was a wonderful "GET AWAY" and I would do it again.

2 comments:

Erica Huff said...

7 hours?! I'm not sure I could shop that long without getting bored. Especially in that heat and outdoors. Way to go girls!! I hope you found some cute stuff. I remember grandma taking us up there every year to school shop. Glad you guys had a fun time. The alpine slide looks so fun!!

Kellie Roring said...

erqcvmThat sounds like soooo much fun!! I need to take my kids to do that, great idea Deb!!! kel