Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Sweet Rachael"

On Sunday right as church was getting over, Rachael came down the stairs from primary crying and saying that her side hurt really bad. We took her home got her something to eat and put her down for a nap. When she got up she said Oh Mom now I feel better. So Mike and I didn't think anything about it. She had played with a friend earlier in the week and the little brother had the stomach flu, so we thought oh just a twenty four hour flew. After about 1 hour she started just screaming that her stomach was hurting, she said it felt like hammers in her tummy. Once again we gave her some tums and she took another nap.
Monday she was feeling fine, she got ready for her first day of school, no problems. Tuesday the same thing, until I received a call from the school that she didn't feel good and she didn't want to ride the bus home. I went to pick her up and Brianna told me that she found her doubled over in pain and just screaming that her tummy hurt. I got her into the doctors that evening. He was a little concerned, that he sent us over to the hospital for some tests. At this point I cant do anything to make her comfortable, she has 103 temperature, and just not doing good. Once at the hospital they did some blood work, what a trooper Rach was, she didn't even cry when they poked her with a needle to take her blood. Then off to the ultrasound room we went. By this time we have been at the hospital for over 1 hour. All Rachael wants to do is go home. We have to wait for the tech, so I was holding her and she fell asleep in my arms. We woke her up to do the ultrasound and we tried to explain to her that they were going to take pictures of her tummy to see if they can find out where the pain is coming from. Well Mike kept teasing her that he could see what she had for lunch, he starts saying "I can see your hot dog and the pickle" Rachael's response after she say the screen was "Dad I think that is lake water in my tummy" bless her little heart. As crappy as she felt she still had her sense of humor. The tech finally finished the ultrasound and went to call the doctor to let him know what he found. I leaned over to ask Rach how she was feeling and she said "I felt better while he was doing the massage". How Sweet. Well the doctors says it can be one of two things. First she does have some inflammation of the lymph nodes around her intestines. But they think it could also be her appendix, the only problem with that is that they couldn't get a good look at it because she couldn't relax her tummy enough. She was having such a hard time breathing that it hurt to relax. So they sent us home at about 9:30 p.m. Rach was asleep before I even left the room. She slept pretty good, we did have another episode around 5:00 a.m. where her temperate went back up to 103. But as of now she seems to be doing better. She is a little rundown and doesn't want to do much. At this point it is a waiting game. They say that the inflammation could last up to 10 days, and there is nothing that they can do for her except for Motrin. I think she kind of likes everyone wanting to take care of her.

9 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Oh No! Poor little thing! She's more of a soldier getting her blood drawn and ultrasounds done than I am!!!! :) (seriously ultrasounds hurt when you're in pain!) Oh, I hope that whatever it is goes away. She's too little to be miserable like that! Bless her heart!!!
Keep us posted!!!

Kim said...

Oh . . . we're sorry to hear this. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. If it is her appendix, you can tell her Uncle Aaron cuts people open, fixes them, and sews them back up all the time and it is fine. Tell her we love her and keep us posted.

lisa said...

Oh, how scary and sad! I hate it when you don't really know what is wrong. I hope she gets better soon!!

Erica Huff said...

Feel better Rach! We sure love you.

Author said...

I hate stuff like that..the waiting game is so scary. Keep us posted! We will keep both of you in our prayers.

Kelly said...

Debbie, I remember you said you had blog so I googled your name and there you were. Yes, I am stalking you! Your blog is so cute. I am sorry to hear about Rachael. I hope she is doing better. What a brave little cutie!

Tanalyn said...

how is rachael doing now? did you ever find out what was up? i have been really sick this past week as well with pnemonia. talk about being on your own death bed. it was horrible!!!
hey, i was wondering if you still do any vinyl lettering? i am needing, or should i say, wanting some. you'll have to give me a call and let me know.

Mueller Ohana said...

Is Rachael doing better? I'm assuming it wasn't her appendix otherwise it probably would have exploded by now. Poor thing and Poor parents that usually end up suffering right along with her. BTW I love your background, did you create that yourself?
And I guess since you challenged me, yes I'll do the triathlon in June with ya.

Patricia Quiroga Newbery said...

I live In Chile, and I found your blog, it's beautiful! congratulations!!my blog is different, and it is in spanish. The name is solum Deus and it is a testimony of God in my life if you want to see it. God bless you!!
Patricia Quiroga Newbery