Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas around the world


Once again Addie had to give a report on a county and their Christmas traditions. She chose Guatemala, that is where Mike served his mission. Their biggest thing that they do for Christmas is Fireworks. There are no laws about fireworks so for a couple of days that is all they do, along with party. They spend more money on fireworks than on Christmas presents themselves. We had to make food from the country. Who really wants to make fried plantain's or tamales? Well not me, so we make Pecan Tarts and a really yummy hot drink. It was all a huge hit and of course Addie got an "A" way to go Addie you are awesome. I must say that I am looking forward to a nice break no homework for 2 weeks. What are we going to do.

2 comments:

Erica Huff said...

I can't believe all the projects that she has to do! She is so busy for the 5th grade. It is 5th grade right? Anyway - she is always doing on project or another. Good school!

Dave and Jessica said...

Good job Addie! You are one amazing 6th grader! I would forget to Erica if I didn't just ask her about 3 days ago. haha :) Glad it went well and sorry I couldn't make it! Love you Ad!