Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Tradition

Every year since I was little as a Christmas Tradition my family always goes to Little America (hotel) for Sunday brunch. Of course all of us love the Crepes and that is the line that we head to first. Mike always heads to the omelet line (trying to figure out how to do them himself for Christmas morning) Grandpa Gary (my dad) hits the shrimp and crab table first. Puts his plate on the table and heads out for more. Well our little Rachael loves shrimp, so of course she starts to eat the shrimp that Grandpa brought for himself, starting a little competition as to how long her mother will let her eat these. Oh and the cookies we cant forget those. Grandpa love to take a few home for later, so this year we made him a "Grandpa's Cookie bag I lost track after 5 cookies. Grandpa kept feeding Rachael goodies and she had already told me that she had a tummy ache. I told her no more food but when I wasn't looking Grandpa would sneak her a bite, this went "on for a few minutes. Boy her and Grandpa thought this was the funnest game. I finally told her that she was grounded from her Grandpa and they both laughed so hard they were crying (had to be there) and yes she did get a tummy ache. Erica I had a couple of Crepes for you, they were good but not quite as good as dads. This has been a fun tradition for our family and something that we look forward to every year.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Mom said you guys had a great time. She told me Grandpa and Rachael were the highlight of the day. Merry Christmas! Tell Mike we will miss his omelets again this year.

Erica Huff said...

Looks like fun. I'm glad you took pictures. Everyone looks great - the food included. So cute about dad and Rach. What a fun memory!

Tanalyn said...

Hope you had a crepe for me.......with the rum sauce, of course! I need to learn how to make 'em.